Hi,

Anthony wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:04 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com
> <mailto:deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 6 April 2010 18:00, Igor Brejc <igor.br...@gmail.com
>     <mailto:igor.br...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>      > I don't know about NSW and Vic case, but in the above cases the
>     official
>
>     Well we're talking about this specific case and the border is based on
>     the southern bank of the main flow of the river.
>

> Do you have a legal document or court case or something stating that?

Without having any detail about Australia, I know for sure that there
are boundaries which are legally defined in relation to a river or other
natural feature, and will move if the feature moves. Other boundaries
are defined as a geometric line which, at the time of definition,
happened to coincide with a natural feature but will not move with it.

And that's all not even considering plate tectonics.

Bye
Frederik