2010/5/3 Richard Mann <richard.mann.westoxf...@googlemail.com>:
> I think routers would be better served if we identify good through
> routes (ie the equivalent of highway=primary for motorists), and
> record them as relations, perhaps
> "network=lcn+status=unofficial+signposted=no". But Andy's a strict
> objectivist, which rather gets in the way of documenting this sort of
> approach.

+1. I think this depends a lot on the surrounding: in the city you
have different needs and characteristics (besides the surface traffic,
traffic lights, pedestrians, together with width and decidated
cycle-lanes/-tracks are more important) than in the countryside (good
surface) / mountains (least elevation).

cheers,
Martin