Hi,

Nakor wrote:
> This is due to the way the data imports coming
> from TIGER use nodes at the same position for a lot of different things.
> I have effectively being fixing some of those blind merges, as part of
> other edits, and I do not see why I should be called a villain for this
> where I actually FIXED data.

Unless a river changes direction (or properties) exactly where the
bridge crosses over it, the river does not need - and indeed should not
have - a node just under the bridge, and unless the bridge is
curved/angled, it will not need a node just over the river also. The
same is true for power lines.

I know that the TIGER import was funny in this regard, and it is
definitely wrong to join such two nodes, and also wrong for the
validator to highlight them as a problem.

But if you see such constructs, or even create them by untangling two
nodes someone else has erroneously merged, please rectify the situation
in a way that does not leave two nodes at the exact same spot. This will
only cause the whole thing to repeat itself - plus it is more difficult
to edit (how do you grab the "lower" of the two nodes to move it?).

Bye
Frederik