On Sun, 23 May 2010, Arlindo Pereira wrote:
> As expected, it's a file with the blocks ("quadras") structure. How do you
> think it could be imported into OSM, if useful at all? I mean, we map roads
> and the buildings that are on the blocks, but not the blocks itself. Just
> to exemplify, a place near of where I live:
>
> http://osm.org/go/OVc0m5mwC--
>
> And what the shapefile provided me:
>
> http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2793/capturadetelajavaopenst.png
>
> Perhaps if I manually import those polygons to OSM with some
> landuse=residential|comercial tag and draw roads between them manually? Any
> ideas?
someone sorted out this problem with the Queensland land data
They made a WMS layer which could be used with Potlatch (hosted somewhere) or
JOSM (hosted locally)
Then for places we knew we could draw in the streets between the lines.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Data.australia.gov.au/Queensland