On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Simon Biber <simonbi...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Apart from the loss of ID and history, this also affects clients such as
> Mapzen POI Collector. Once a point of interest is no longer a single node,
> Mapzen does not consider it as a point of interest or allow it to be edited.
> It even disappears from the map entirely for several weeks, until Mapzen's
> base layer is re-rendered to show the area.
>
> Does anyone have a good solution for this?

When I was working on the POI collector roadmap it was always the
intention to interpret "point of interest areas" as well as "point of
interest nodes". I'm not sure if any such areas are being dealt with
yet - the idea was to synthesize a POI in the middle of the area to
let you change the tags, but not change the geometry. We'd need an
update from one of the CloudMade team.

Feel free to keep converting nodes into areas when you feel it's appropriate.

Cheers,
Andy