2010/5/19 Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com>:
> Hi Kate,
>
> First, I thought, "Oh, easy, Pompeii[1]

[...]

> [1]
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=40.75121&lon=14.487&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF

Hi Kate und Richard,

I'm one of the guys who run the Pompeii first OSM Archeo-Mapping
Party, and I'm working on an "historical mapping" proposal [1].
On my blog there are also the slides of a talk [2] about the
archeo-action on OSM gave during the first OSM Italian meeting "OSMit
2009".

I must also note that during the latest ArcheoFOSS meeting in Italy,
Denis Francisci has proposed a separate OSM rendering system for
historic Roman features [3],[4].

Sorry for Italian-speaking-only links, but all the documents were
intended for "national" consuming ;) It's a pity, I would attend to
THATCamp, but now I don't have so much time...

Hope this will help,

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Fradeve11/prove2
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/fradeve/presosmit20092
[3]