On 09/06/10 08:49, Gervase Markham wrote:

> On 08/06/10 14:58, Tom Hughes wrote:
>>> Can it be fixed?
>>
>> Nope.
>
> Wow, that really sucks. (Not your fault, of course.) Is there a bug on
> file with the mailing list manager software? URLs should be permanent,
> particularly to archives. As Frederik's situation points out, this could
> be really confusing or even dangerous. "I linked to the safety
> instructions you need to follow in my message from last week..."

Well editing the archives isn't really a supported operation - you
basically do it by going in and editing the raw messages and then
rebuilding all the HTML pages that make up the archive.

The default archiving that comes with mailman is really only very basic
- most people that are serious about it use something else instead.

It's not exactly something I can get very excited about anyway.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/