16.06.2010 17:47, Frank Sautter wrote:
> WolframAlpha uses OpenStreetMap data
> http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Berlin

That's great! It's a useful way to present OSM and it demonstrates
growing popularity. If we want to reach a larger audience, we need to be
present on search engines and the like - and as Google is unlikely to
replace Google Maps with OSM anytime soon, so it's the smaller, more
specialized services that might adopt OSM as their map link target first.

It's somewhat discouraging, though, that *every time* anyone uses OSM,
we instantly react with this:

> Is the license attribution they are using OK?

Imo, it is. They name OSM as a data source directly below the image and
let you access osm.org when you click on the image. They also give more
detailled attribution (with the license abbreviation and another link to
osm.org) on the "Source information" page. That's where all the other
data sources are listed, too - considering the large number of sources,
it's clearly resonable to have a separate page for sources.

Technically, they don't provide the license URL directly (only
indirectly through the link to OSM), but I don't consider that a
relevant problem.

Tobias Knerr