I've got a PostGIS database created and maintained with osm2pgsql.  For
some of the Mapnik rendering I'm doing, I'd like to see whether ways
belong to relations.  (Specifically, whether a highway=* way is a member
of a route=road relation.)  I've been able to look in the planet_osm_rels
table for relation membership, but the members are stored in an array, and
searching those arrays for membership, even on a bbox-restricted subset,
is really slow.  Is there any way to do this faster?  If not, I suppose I
can file a feature request against osm2pgsql for an indexed relation
membership table.

--- --
Last Rule of Politics:
  Kingdoms are good. Empires are evil.
                       -- Console Role Playing Game Clichés, item 74