On 30 June 2010 08:30, Dylan Semler <dylan.sem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm really not sure where recreation ground fits in and how it differs from
> a park.  As mentioned in the discussion on the recreation ground wiki
> page[1], the fact that it is under landuse= whereas park and pitch are under
> leisure= furthers my confusion.  Perhaps recreation grounds should be
> contained within a park, outlining the parts where sports and other physical
> activities can be performed?

The definition has recently changed to mean something different than
intend especially since it was voted on.

I can't speak for other countries, but they are common in rural areas
in Australia, although in the page history it mentions being common in
British countries. In Australia they are often used for horse sports,
now the definition sounds like just another park.