* David Earl <da...@frankieandshadow.com> [2010-07-05 10:38 +0100]:
> Addresses are a bit different because its a whole different level of
> detail. But because you don't think its fun doesn't mean others
> don't enjoy it (or even do it because it is enjoyable). I did my
> village to see what it would take, but in general I took the view
> that I wanted to get complete street level / poi coverage for the
> area reasonably within my reach before I started on the next level
> of detail down.

Interestingly, I don't gather a lot of POIs when surveying, because I'm
usually not going to be returning to the survey areas to keep the POIs up
to date.  On the other hand, I try to scrupulously record all addresses,
because in my opinion those have longer lifetimes than, say, your average
strip mall shop.

(This, of course, only reinforces the recurring theme of "OSM is different
things to different people".  As does the fact that I've been taking a
break from surveying by mapping all the power lines in my state.)

--- --
/me pats his two indy's lovingly, don't listen to those nasty sun
enthuasists boys, their machines are a dull nasty grey, not a nice pretty
blue colour like you two.
                       -- Greg McCarroll