On 11/07/10 04:18, Kai Krueger wrote:
So far the the impressions I got from the members of the licensing group
vary from anywhere between e.g. 10% data loss is acceptable to as high as
90% data loss is acceptable (as long as a majority of signed up accounts
agree), which means as far as I can interpret, there is no where close to an
agreed process even within the licensing group.

I was not at SotM, but it seems fairly obvious: discussing whether X% of dataloss is acceptable would lead to a big argument, for whatever value X is. If we have to have the arguments for X, Y, Z and Q all at the same time, that would be an enormous argument! Instead, it seems much wiser to wait until we know the value of X (or, its value at any one particular time, and its rate of change, if it is still changing) and then just have one argument.

After all, if X is 99.99%, then there will probably be very little argument - which would be great.

Gerv