Roland Olbricht schrieb:
- There is no tool yet to see the impact of the relicensing to the data. But this is the key need for those who are rather interested in the data than the legalese.

I would say that the new licence might be good, beter than the old one
BUT:
I also interested MUCH MORE in the data than the legalese.

The last days I read a lot on the process proposed on changing the
licence, especially about the technical way of deciding which node/way
might be ok, which not, if anyone of the mappers decided to say no.
I saw that there will never be a solution that can work.
E.g. the history is incomplete if ways are splitted or joined, so you
cannot see all data affected of such mappers. Also you cannot decide,
which copyright is more valuable if to persons did something.
There were a lot of examples etc. in german forum and talk-de mailing list
from me and others, but my english is not goog enough to repeat them all.
The process will never work,
so stop this process and find another solution!
The solution now ALWAYS leads to data loss, more or less.
But I don't will accept any data loss because only of legal reasons.
Wikipedia and other projects changed licence without any loss of data.

The process now gives me only one vote: a combination of new
Contributor Terms, new licence for the whole project and new licence
for my own data. Although the new licence is good: I have to say no
because of the data loss, which ALWAYS will appear with changing licence.
Much more arguments on talk-de

But don't forget that one of the key features of the project is the message: "Care for the data and the applications - we promise you won't be affected by legal trouble". Thus, I would consider the license as a technical detail, like the change from API v0.5 to API v0.6.

+1

Legal things are less logical than technical things, thus everybody would accept more collateral damage.

No, why? Wikipedia has lost 0 bytes

Then, the algorithm "unbroken chain of history of ODbL users" is close to nonsense.

+1024!

Mueck