Hi,

Peteris Krisjanis wrote:
I still haven't heard from SteveC or others from OSMF official answer
wouldn't adding SA clause to section 3 in CT help situation a little -
at least it would give contributors a promise that if there another
license change is needed, license still will be SA (in a spirit of
ODBL).

-1

I have heard people complain about many things but not about that section not enforcing SA for eternity. I don't think it would help the situation in anyway; it would only further alienate those who don't like SA. What's on the table right now is a delicate balance between different interests. Trying to take something away now will upset the balance.

And honestly, if at any future time two thirds of active OSM contributors want to change to a non-SA license, why should we keep them from it? In one or two years, "two thirds of active contributors" will be a greater number of people than all of us today. Who are we to tell them what to do? We're the minority ;)

Bye
Frederik