Apologies if this has been brought up before.

The last line of para 1 of the contributors terms states "....You have explicit permission from the rights holder to submit the Contents....."

The use of the word "explicit" worries me.

To me that would indicate that the rights holder would have to sate something along the lines of "I give David Groom permission to incorporate my data into OpenSteetMap" , though possibly a more vague permission such as "I give anyone permission to incorporate my data into OpenSteetMap", might be OK, thought arguably this is not "explicit permission".

Lets say I got hold of some CC-BY data, I could not incorporate that into OSM, unless I approached the author and got specific explicit permission to do so, since the permission given by CC-BY is "implicit" and not "explicit" .

What worries me is the amount of data sources where permission is implicit, but not explicit

David