>> Now, I had an idea which is making a vehicle tracking system and encouraging
>> companies to use it and through this adding tracks in to OSM.

I've had same idea and done some trials. I have a blackbox in my car
for a year or so, and it stores GPS traces to a tracking system over
GPRS. These look nice, but if you look closer then they are not really
useful for OSM updates:
 - the tracker stores location in every 1 minute, and after turns. But
you don't get precise crossings, but some location many meters after
it. As result the GPS track is not matching roads well. See attached
random sample.
 - they have no tags

If you have on-device storage of GPS locations in every second or so,
then the first issue would be solved. And maybe some other GPS tracker
has better way to detect when to send on-line locations, but I'm
afraid none of them does it in every second to get good-quality trace.

I have also output USB cable from the in-car GPS blackbox to connect
it to computer, but I've used it only once as it was very-very
inconvenient (you have to power laptop, start and monitor proper
software etc). I rather take a Garmin Oregon with me when I go mapping
with car, then you just turn it on and check if it has battery.

> As far I know there is not an open source fleet tracking software
> right now.

There is http://opengts.sourceforge.net/, UI looks ugly for me (like
most open source software), but seems to be quite powerful and
extendable. Btw, it uses OSM as default global map.

--
Jaak Laineste