2010/8/10 Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com>:
> ...and back on topic:
> One of the tenets mentioned in the video SteveC linked to was to not fuel
> the fire by responding to poisonous posts on mailing lists. As we discuss
> what to do about this sort of distraction, we should keep in mind that the
> whole community bears the responsibility: Don't reply to off-topic
> or inflammatory posts.

But if on-topic is very much debited question?

Sometimes flames indicate true disagreement between two parties. It is
enough to have two passionate people from opposite sides to have it
going forever. I think we need not only regulate or moderate, we need
a way to address complains too.

Cheers,
Peter.