>> I have seen that some people put simple pushpins on osm maps. Can't
>> find on WIKI or anywhere how to do that so please point me in the
>> right direction.
>
> - navigate to the location and zoom that you like
> - press "permalink"
> - change "lat" to "mlat", change "lon" to "mlon"
> - save address

Exactly how I do it, except I zoom all the way in to get precise position
and then 'fix' the zoom level which I want the map displayed at.

The Wiki page which (somewhat) describes this is:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Browsing#Linking_to_Maps

There is also the 'Static Page' API/project which will auto magically
render maps to png/gif/jpeg, with additional overlays place according to
parameters in the URL:
http://pafciu17.dev.openstreetmap.org/

These can be saved and put into email/documents/etc (or put as a fall-back
background image for when the slippy map fails).

Simon.