On 19.08.2010 12:07, Valent Turkovic wrote:
AFAIK with new Contributor Terms [1] all data entered into OSM can be
taken by some company, closed and they could create a product made profit
on it.

Yes or no? Please just answer this for start.

I have no problem with companies making a profit, just go ahead and do it.

I have a problem with companies that would like to take data, add some of
their own and not release it, and prohibit making derivative works from
data that is based on OSM.

If this is true then there needs to be a fork in this project as soon as
possible.

Sorry for the tone of this message.

[1] http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Contributor_Terms

It is true, (they just need to seperate it in two databases, which can be anyhting), I also think the new license because of this clause is utter rubbish and if it goes through there needs to be a fork. Is openfreemap.org still available?