On 19 August 2010 13:29, Pierre-Alain Dorange <pdora...@mac.com> wrote:
> With the CCBYSA licence each contributor has rights on what i put in the
> database, so the copyright notice grants "contributors", with the new
> licence the OSMF would be granted as the "community". SO OSMF could do
> legal things if a compagny break the future licence (with the actual
> licence, no one can legal attack a compagny that wouldn't respect
> licence, because the CCBYSA do not protect data and because there is no
> "central organisation")...

No, there doesn't need to be a central organisation, and it's not
confirmed whether CC-By-SA protects our data or not. (I understand you
may have information about a legal case that I don't know about, but
that would be just one jurisdiction).

Any author can "attack" somebody who violates the license terms, and
so can the OSMF because they are a contributor too.

Instead of trying to solve one problem at a time -- the problem that
CC-By-SA is not suitable for OSM, which has been identified a couple
of years ago -- it's trying to piggyback another change, that of who
the licensor and of future relicensing, which is not being
communicated and has not been discussed here before LWG had the new
CTs practically ready.

Cheers