> Most of the topic‐focused lists are sane.  I think the point is, legal
> discussion is swamping the talk list, and there are already lists
> specifically for legal discussion and therefore better suited to the
> topic.

Is this moderating stuff all about the license change?

If so, and I know others agree, it should certainly NOT be moderated on
Talk.
As I already said, my opinion is that this license stuff has moved from a
legal issue to a matter of the future of OSM as we know it...
As such, contributors should be able to voice their opinion to the broadest
audience.

Do you honestly think the Nearmap announcement should have been posted to
Legal, with only a fraction of OSM'ers aware? I don't think so.

- Chris -