You seem to be misunderstanding something here. No data has been deleted.
Waze is looking forward to use OSM data after the license change, because the current one doesn't allow them to use the OSM data (even including attribution) the way they do.

Claudius

Am 01.09.2010 11:13, ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen:
But what a shame that so much crowd generated data had
to be erased because of a stupid license !

Nobody of the OSMF board thought of that ?

Regards,

Gert Gremmen

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: talk-boun...@openstreetmap.org [mailto:talk-boun...@openstreetmap.org]
Namens Iván Sánchez Ortega
Verzonden: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:43 AM
Aan: talk@openstreetmap.org
CC: paul.youl...@gmail.com
Onderwerp: Re: [OSM-talk] Waze using OSM Data

On Wednesday 01 September 2010 09:05:18 paul youlten wrote:
I am curious to know why you don't simply give OSM attribution and
carry on using the maps?

If you read the blog post carefully, you'll find a hint:

"We are huge fans of OSM and hope to collaborate with OSM through the new
license transition."

Anyway, kudos to Noam and the rest of the Waze team for handling the issue
this fast!

Best,