On 7/10/2010 7:57 AM, Emilie Laffray wrote:
On 6 October 2010 22:46, Niklas Cholmkvist <towards...@gmail.com <mailto:towards...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    is anyone contributing to OpenStreetMap by using Tor? (the onion
    router)
    Is there any opinion from anyone about this? Tor is used to strengthen
    ones privacy by the technology trying to prevent revealing the ip
    address of the user.

Since the project doesn't log IP Addresses as far as I can tell, there is no privacy gain by using TOR.

It will be good to check for sure. Certainly in my CommonMap project it's a different story, I'm using Apache httpd as the web server. Out of the box httpd logs IP addresses in the access_log. I think OSM is also using Apache httpd now as well. It's likely that the sysadmins would almost never use the logging results, but it could still be a problem if, say, the hardware got seized for investigation.

Brendan