Am 16.10.2010 14:15, schrieb Steve Bennett:
On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Ulf Lamping<ulf.lamp...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
The german Wikipedia has so much "please do this", "please read that" ,
"please follow ...", ... that it turns out to be no more fun working there.
I've almost stopped it for exact this reason.

And the English Wikipedia doesn't. The rules for behaviour are quite
simple, and easily followed, and it's all the more productive for it.

Yes, its very productive to get sooo much good intended advise that I've completely lost interest. Very productive indeed.

It's not the "be collaborative" aspect I'm worrying about. It's the
"otherwise we'll ban you" - without any transparency.

Ok, you made a few assumptions. No one even mentioned how (or if)
these standards would be enforced.

Hmmm, you obviously did not read the Violations_and_Enforcement section of the wiki page :-(

In the german ML we had some cases where a few people publicly and privately
asked the "problematic persons" nicely: "please reconsider your behaviour".
It worked remarkably well.

That's a good model to follow. And it works even better with a clear
code of conduct.

No, that's the point: It works even better *without* a written code of conduct.

Regards, ULFL