Martijn van Exel <m <at> rtijn.org> writes:

> Ed - Big thumbs up for the quick response to this. Makes one wonder though -
> how much OSM data lives in Google Maps without us / you knowing about it, and
> what measures can you take / are in place to prevent and detect this?

I am pretty sure that we also have data which are derived or even directly
imported from Google Maps and other non-free datasets inside OSM even we
shouldn't. We have removed such data in the past and we will need to do the same
in the future. What is important is that misuse will be corrected when
discovered. I do not like very much the Hall of shame list about misuse of OSM
data without having another list about our own faults. Google removed the data
very fast and apologized just like we did with the Latvian case. Or at least we
removed the data, not sure if we apologized.