Hi Ed,

On 17 December 2010 13:43, Ed Parsons <epars...@google.com> wrote:
> Last month back Steve Coast contacted us to let us know that he had
> identified what may have been OpenStreetMap data in Google Maps of Colombia.
>  We raised this issue with our provider for Colombia, and they agreed to
> remove the disputed data from their data set while they continue to discuss
> the matter with Steve and the OSM community.
> Our provider has since provided us with a new dataset. We expect the changes
> to appear in Google Maps in the coming weeks but don't have an exact date to
> share.

While OpenStreetMap data remains on Google Maps (if it still remains),
can OSM get proper attribution on the Google Maps website like the
other data providers?

Technically it looks like an easy change, so a reasonable effort from
Google to comply with the licenses of its source should include
recognising the "BY" part of the CC license, in addition to launching
a process to stop being in violation of the "SA" part (which is more
difficult as I understand).  It could be a small publicity for our
project, same as it is a publicity for your other sources.

Cheers