On 5 January 2011 01:02, Anthony <o...@inbox.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
>> But you are right in that there is a weakness because people are not
>> guaranteed a right to contribute.
> [,,,,]
>> But what could we do?
>
> Let people remove their data if they don't agree to future licensing
> terms.  Even an opt-out arrangement would be better than the current
> one, where 2 people with 1 edit each get to override 1 person with
> 10,000 edits.

+1

On the surface that would seem to give a better indication of if a
license change should be adopted or not, but I agree with Frederik's
point that pointless or abusive edits shouldn't make someone be
eligible as an active contributor either when it comes to influencing
major changes... What if those 10,000 edits were duplicating ways
simply to up their stats so as to have more influence over things...