On 8 December 2010 11:14, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> Once all the licence issues are resolved and we know whether projects
> will be forked or our data removed, then Ill start dumping all my edits
> back in.  Ive also tried working on parts of New Zealand, but have come
> up against a brick wall as there is an import partially in progress
> (almost all roads, and lots of other POI bits).. but will not be
> completed until the licence is resolved, so basically an entire
> countries mapping is on-hold.  Once the issues are resolved, I have no
> doubt there are lots of mappers in my position who have lots of new data
> to upload.

hi david,
i'm an NZ mapper, and involved with the LINZ import process. the line
we are going with around the import is to encourage mappers to do
their own mapping anyway - the LINZ import will be some time, plus
there are mistakes in the data which will need correcting manually,
and there is greater value in individuals collecting data than relying
on the government. so, map away - your work will not be deleted, we
will work round it.

if you'd like to know more, join us on the nzopengis group -
https://groups.google.com/group/nzopengis

--
robin

http://tangleball.org.nz/ - Auckland's Creative Space