gpxsplitter splits multi-track GPX files, containing waypoints, into individual
one-track GPX files with their respective waypoints.

I've been dragging my feet releasing this script… so, here it is. If you've an
i-Blue 747, Qstarz Q1000, or other MTK-based GPS unit, then you understand the
problem—when you download data from these devices, tracks and waypoints are all
bludgeoned together, and need to be split before use. gpxsplitter does that
splitting. It's intended to be run first-thing after downloading data from the
unit via gpsbabel or mtkbabel.

You can directly download it here:

  http://gitorious.org/samatjain/gpxsplitter/blobs/raw/master/gpxsplitter.py

but it's probably better to get it from the git repository, and read the other
material about it:

 * Git repository: http://gitorious.org/samatjain/gpxsplitter
 * Blog announcement:
http://blog.samat.org/2011/02/16/gpxsplitter-Split-GPX-files-with-their-waypoints
 * Wiki page (collects all information about the tool):
http://wiki.samat.org/GpxSplitter

There are probably any number of bugs. Please let me know about them (and
please send a testcase)!

Samat

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke
stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the
danger---but recognize the opportunity.
-- Richard M. Nixon (656)

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch
someone else do it wrong without comment.
-- Theodore H. White (332)