OK then, I'm not asking for any legalese interpretation here, just the
time-line for the succeeding phases of implementation.  No fixed date
was given for phase 3 in the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Database_License/Implementation_Plan#PHASE_3_-_Existing_Contributor_Mandatory_Re-licensing_.28Phase_2_.2B_5_or_10_weeks.29

However, the OSMF minutes have set it already on March 31st:
https://docs.google.com/View?id=d38xqz5_6fj2bcdcm

Is this posted in the announce or legal list?

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:43 AM, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 03:45 -0800, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> Joseph Reeves wrote:
>> > without explaining in layman's terms what this means.
>>
>> http://old.opengeodata.org/2008/01/07/the-licence-where-we-are-where-were-going/index.html
>>
>> Follow-ups to legal-talk please, so that those here who have made their mind
>> up one way or the other don't have to read the whole caboodle all over
>> again.
>
> What about the important reading who those havent made up their mind, or
> are worried about their liability if they agree to be bound by the new
> licence?
>
> Maybe what is needed, is a list for these discussions, which isnt so
> legal-focused, so that the laymen can actually understand what theyre
> involved in, or maybe instead of 100 people telling someone off for
> asking a question, one person could give a clear and precise answer and
> nip these threads in the bud from the start.
>
> Honestly, I couldnt give a rats rear-end if someone thinks that
> subsection 3.7b(c) should have its own title, or that the wording of
> 'OSM user' should be changed to 'OSM contributor' or the like.  Whether
> that is what is discussed on legal-talk, I dont know as I dont
> subscribe, but given its name, its only natural to assume so.. What I
> care about is the big picture of what will happen to all our data and
> the project in general, looking toward the future.  Given the entire
> project will undergo massive sweeping changes in only 3 weeks, shouldnt
> this issue be at the forefront of current OSM discussions, or will
> people start trying to sort out the problems after theyve happened,
> rather than stopping them in the first place?
>
> Im as tired as anyone about these endless threads, but until someone is
> prepared to give some clear cut answers to peoples simple honest
> questions, I fear they'll continue.  Some have tried to give helpful
> answers, but others seem to get off on playing the power game and
> achieve nothing but division within our community.
>
> David

cheers,
maning