I live in the Southeast USA, and have never seen an Interstate on-ramp that
lacked signs forbidding all non-motorized traffic, as well as "motor-driven
cycles" (the official term for mopeds).  Some non-Interstate limited-access
freeways allow bicycles, some don't.

As far as I know, the only US Interstates that allow bicycles are in the
Western United States.

"Motorway" is not a standard term in US English, except as people have borrowed
the term from British usage.  I gather that it is a legal term-of-art in the
UK.  I don't know any details about its use in Canada.