Am 07.03.2011 11:30, schrieb M∡rtin Koppenhoefer:
2011/3/7 ant<antof...@gmail.com>:
  When turn restrictions are practically circumvented by
separate cycle tracks that are not mapped, their application for bicycle
routing is based on nothing

It is a common mapping error to not map distinct cycle tracks with an
own way and it is  the reason, why separate tracks should always be
mapped separately: because they are separate ways and different turn
restrictions, other restrictions, surface, width, etc. might apply.
Completely agree, but to go even further:
Same holds for sidewalks, too: different surface, different width, different restriction (in Germany no bicycles allowed unless signed otherwise), turn restrictions not as a legal issue, but sometimes as an issue of barriers (If I'm not able to cross due to dangerous traffic, due to high curbs and my wheelchair etc. I can not turn left from the right sidewalk, even if there is a street to the left).

regards
Peter