On 03/11/2011 01:39 PM, Rodolphe Quiedeville wrote:
Hi,

With osmosis-0.38 it's possible to extract data contains in a bbox from
ans osm data file. But it appears that it's not work for an osm change
file.
I want to know if changes files from
planet.openstreetmap.org/hourly-replicate/ are useful for a BBOX. My
first idea wass to to this with osmosis, if someone give me a hint.

Regards

If you want to apply daily diff to an osm file you can do it and write only new file in some bbox or boundary, thats how I use it:

osmosis --read-xml-change file="daily.osc" --read-xml file="base.osm" --apply-change --bounding-polygon clipIncompleteEntities="true" file="border.poly" --write-xml file="new.osm"

I use bounding polygon but bbox should work as well

If you want only changes you use osmosis to get change.osc from base.osm to new.osm