Kolossos wrote:
> there is a new tool to bring more Wikipedia-Tags inside OSM-database and
> connect so both projects more and more. It can be found here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/RemoteControl/Add-tags

A tagging style issue: What's the reason for using the wikipedia:lang=*
form, rather than the wikipedia=lang:* form?

I was under the impression that using a single link with the wikipedia
key as the primary (and usually only) wikipedia link and relying on
Wikipedia's interlanguage links for other languages was a somewhat
accepted tagging style.

Using wikipedia:lang=* is only a good idea in addition to
wikipedia=lang:*, and only in those cases where interlanguage links
cannot work (e.g. when one of the Wikipedia versions uses a collective
article for several objects). But if I understand your tool correctly,
the individual objects in these these cases wouldn't be listed anyway,
so there's really no reason for it to suggest wikipedia:lang=* tags.

Tobias Knerr