Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> > Calm down. Our merchanidse is not "out of date" just because the logo
> > has been touched up.
> So http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:OSM_Hi_Vis_Back.jpg is not
> going to be changed? At least it does say who we are working for, while
> the new logo is just a fussy picture which says nothing ...

On the jacket is was not the logo.
It was an alternative image, they were allready other alternative
image/mark/logo and their would be more in the future.
OSM is not a monolithe.

Of course, it would have been nice the subject was announced weeks
before change occurs (for all reason you invoke). But that's not a big
deal, nothing would really be obsolete or out of date.
The new logo is refreshing the old one.

> Also how much stock of the current logo version is left on the shelves of
> those supplying it?

Pierre-Alain Dorange
OSM experiences : <http://www.leretourdelautruche.com/map/>