Hi,

80n wrote:
That's why fosm.org <http://fosm.org> exists. No data will get deleted. It will continue to exist and can be updated at fosm.org <http://fosm.org>.

If you are worried that your data is threatened then that's because you are now looking in the wrong place. Fosm has more data than OSM already and will continue to sync with all OSM updates as well as accepting new updates directly.

If someone is only worried about data being deleted, then they can simply take the CC-BY-SA planet dump and run with it.

If someone doesn't want to go that "static" route because he wants to further participate in the large community updating OSM's data, then Fosm won't be any help after OSM changes its license.

Unless of course Fosm could somehow manage to persuade many people to contribute to Fosm instead of OSM; which I assume is the basic message in this post.

I wonder what would happen if someone involved in running Google Map Maker were to post a similar message. "Hey, don't like how things go in OSM? Why not come to Google Map Maker where all license issues are solved!"

Bye
Frederik