On 7/18/2011 3:38 AM, Thomas Davie wrote:

On 18 Jul 2011, at 08:33, Nathan Edgars II wrote:

Bugzilla from j...@kub.cz wrote:

I think there is a but in Mapnik. Look at the:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49.023336&lon=12.097374&zoom=18&layers=M

the construction site (northern part of the "Steinere Brucke" is UNDER
the river even though it has layer=1

Does highway=construction construction=pedestrian render elsewhere?

I'm not sure how that's relevant – isn't he referring to the
landuse=construction with layer=1?

Ah. I was looking at the way in the middle which has the text displayed. Generally you want water to render over landuse. I'm not sure that construction should be an exception, since a pond in the middle of a construction site should be displayed. Perhaps it would be better if landuse=construction were like landuse=military.

Is the layer=1 appropriate? The bridge is above the water, but the construction site presumably exists in the water as well as on the bridge, and is drawn to include area around the bridge.