Hi,

On 08/26/11 07:07, Mike Dupont wrote:
If you want to sponsor me a membership than I am willing to speak.

I don't think it would be received well if either an existing board member or the OSMF as a whole were to sponsor membership for selected people ;)

Contribution-based membership is something that we could look into. It would still require a membership application on your part because, as far as I understand, as an OSMF member you have certain liabilities if OSMF should ever go bankrupt (I believe you will have to pay up to £5 from your own money or something). This means we cannot automatically make people into members. (Also I believe that we cannot legally have members of whom we don't know the full name and address of residence but that's for the AoA team to work out.)

I would like to see a rule that says: The yearly membership fee is X. If you would like to be a member of OSMF but cannot afford to pay X, and if you find Y existing OSMF members who say that your contribution has been valuable (with Y somewhere in the area of 3), then you can join free of charge.

Note that this would require you to say "I cannot afford X". Saying "I have already put enough work in this and while I could easily spend X I don't see why I should" wouldn't cut it.

Bye
Frederik