On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Hadmut Danisch <had...@danisch.de> wrote:
> But when using script/pgsnapshot_schema_0.6.sql instead, postgres rejects
> with error message
>
> psql:script/pgsnapshot_schema_0.6.sql:38: ERROR:  type "hstore" does not
> exist
> LINE 7:     tags hstore
>                  ^
>
> Obviously incomplete, definition of type "hstore" missing.
>
> So how would one create the database for osmosis?

Not sure about the pgsimple schema problem but for the pgsnapshot you
need to 1) have the postgres hstore-new module installed on the system
and 2) you need to have run the hstore-new.sql that comes with that
module against the database.

Here is a blog post about my experience setting up a pgsnapshot
database that might be useful:
http://ksmapper.blogspot.com/2011/04/parse-planet-into-pgsnapshot-database.html

Toby