Anthony wrote:
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Robert Scott<li...@humanleg.org.uk>  wrote:
On Friday 09 September 2011, Anthony wrote:
Is it just me

Yes.

or does the thread "Roundabouts and routing"
(http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2011-September/060082.html)
reflect a dysfunctional community?

No.

Does this thread reflect one?

More than the original discussion :)

At the end of the day we are now down to a level where the fine detail is more important than simply getting all the roads plotted. I see nothing wrong with the original post ... I recognise the scenario from tomtom as well not even using OSM data! The only thing that I think is wrong with the post is that 'Don't tag sliproads onto roundabouts as junction=roundabout' is probably not the cause of the error in garmin, but rather simply the split of the main way. It is that area that needs to be investigated a little further since 'junction=roundabout' just seems wrong anyway.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL