On 10/18/11 2:38 AM, Parveen Arora wrote:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Kai Krueger<kakrue...@gmail.com>  wrote:

They are placed in my PPA on launchpad at
https://launchpad.net/~kakrueger/+archive/openstreetmap/ There you can
also download the individual packages, e.g.
https://launchpad.net/~kakrueger/+archive/openstreetmap/+files/libapache2-mod-tile_0.4-9%7Enatty1_amd64.deb
I have edited the resource file manually and then was able to download
the  libapache2-mod-tile
Well, if you manually download the deb files, you will need to download the other packages as well.

The complete set of package names is:
libapache2-mod-tile
renderd
openstreetmap-mapnik-stylesheet-data
osm2pgsql
openstreetmap-postgis-db-setup

If you use apt-get install, you only need to specify libapache2-mod-tile as the package depends and recommends the other packages and so apt-get will automatically install the other packages too.

But to process the .pbf file I have to log in into the postgres using
following commmands
$sudo -s
#su postgres
That is probably because you didn't specify your username during the configuration as being allowed to access the db. You can use the script "install-postgis-osm-user.sh" to allow a user afterwards to access the db "gis" which is used by osm2pgsql and renderd.

Error messages of renderd will be printed in the syslog. You can check for errors and see if everything started correctly there.

After logging into postgres file processed otherwise there was some
Indentation error.

After Installation of the package I am able to see the map of mapnik
and when I change it to local tiles, Nothing is there.
I doubt that if any tiles are generating at backend or not, after
But have not noticed any tile generation activity.

Please let me know what o do?

Thank You.