Frederik Ramm wrote:
I've downloaded all of UK from nick.dev.openstreetmap.org and
extracted the bit I want, its a bit old (28 Oct 2009) but mayhap I can
update it without massive downloads. I've got most of the area current
to last week.

It's your decision entirely of course but I utterly fail to understand why you
use 2-year-old data and batter all available APIs with tons of requests when you
can easily get CURRENT data for ALL OF THE UK from downloads.cloudmade.com or
download.geofabrik.de, both linked from the planet page that has been pointed
out to you.

I think the problem here is that nick is listed as 'UK' area on the extract list, and people don't think to look at other options :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL