On 15/12/2011 12:40, David Groom wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Toby Murray" <toby.mur...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:47 AM
User "moonwashed" created this way by splitting it from a TIGER way.
He made several more edits to it but the last 20 versions have been by
agreeing users (including both NE2 and myself) and while that page
doesn't show node position changes, I have verified that every single
node has been moved since moonwashed last touched it.

But do you know what the source was for moving each node? As has been said earlier, if each node was simply moved by a tiny amount away from the position created by moonwashed, and the new position of the node was not determined by reference to some other source (Bing or GPS maybe), then the new nodes are derived form moonwashes edits
But what if the source changes ? When I use high-resolution imagery to improve areas formerly mapped from low-resolution imagery, I change the source tag - i.e. from "Yahoo low resolution satellite" to "Microsoft Bing satellite". Since my edit is correlated with a change of source, shouldn't it be considered a break from being a derivative ?