On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:59:54 +1100
Nick Hocking <nick.hock...@gmail.com> wrote:

> mick Wrote
>
> "I was pointed here by someone on the Devon list at the rootsweb genealogy "
>

> Hi mick
>
> When I map a country town I am always on the lookout for any cemetery.
> I find some very obscure ones and always put them on the map.
>
> What are your feelings about putting individual gravestone info into
> OSM such as the persons name and maybe date and grave location
> (row, number ???).  It would be good for searching and to get the
> same sat nav, that got you to the cemetry, to walk you to the grave
> itself.
>
> Does this data belong in OSM or should it be a seperate layer
> looked after by Genealogists somewhere else.

I think separate layers would be best, it would be of little interest to the
vast majority of users.

Another case where OSM could be much greater if it supported 'optional
layers/themes'.

> PS I bet you didn't know that there were 3 graves on the Narooma Golf
> course (closest bit to Montague Island).  I haven't mapped them yet
> since I'm not sure about the advisability of getting non golfers
> to trundle across the fairways amoungst poolry guided small white
> missiles ;-)

Yes, I was aware of graves on the course but not of the number. I used to live
just up the road from Narooma, in Batemans Bay from 1988 to 2001, when I moved
to Brisbane.

Mick