Hello all! Some of you may already be familiar with the Public Laboratory (
publiclaboratory.org), but I wanted to mention that we are offering a
balloon mapping kit as a reward in our recent Kickstarter campaign, which
wraps up on the 30th of January. Ever wanted to get started collecting your
own DIY aerial photography, or need up to date high-resolution satellite
imagery without paying tens of thousands of dollars? Does $85 sound more
reasonable to you?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1775485688/balloon-mapping-kits

(Our open source MapKnitter.org lets you orthorectify the imagery and
export it as GeoTiff and TMS -- perfect for tracing in
JOSM<http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffreywarren/4859434543/>
)

Jeff