Step 1: Install Virtualbox
Step 2: Install Ubuntu inside of Virtualbox
Step 3: Follow linux documentation to install your server

I know there are some people running OSM related servers out there but
they are rare and documentation will be sparse and out of date. Also,
you haven't said what kind of OSM database you are trying to install.
I'm guessing you want a tile rendering server? That seems to be the
most common. In this case, setting up the database is only one part of
the process. Getting Mapnik to run on windows is going to be its own
chore after you get the database itself set up. Again, probably not
impossible but unless you already know a thing or two about how things
work, it isn't going to be easy.

For what it's worth, I did find this in the dev mailing list archives.
Not sure if it is what you want though.
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2012-January/024239.html

Toby