Hey,

There are quite a few examples of users coming from one of these big pushes
and then just doing it - for instance, we were working on Campo Grande,
because a foursquare user, muzito, complained that most of the city was
missing. The editing quickly became all conflicted because another user was
active - and it turned out to be muzito himself, who had never heard of
openstreetmap till a few weeks ago and just trained himself on Potlatch 2,
and now has essentially put the city on the map - complete with
neighborhood names and local knowledge.

It's typical for projects to have a low percentage of active users, and
that most users won't immediately be addicted to OpenStreetMap.

But we should react to this kind of news by trying to make OpenStreetMap
more accessible an welcoming to new users: not skeptical of them, their
intentions, or whether they'll stick around.

Tom