On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Richard Fairhurst
<rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
> jumped on. And the licence change... oh my lord. Rather than accepting and
> offering help to the kind, generous guys who are actually committing vast
> amounts of time and branepower to get it done - and maybe we'll hit 1st
> April or maybe it'll be a few days after or well, whatever, it's not the
> end of the world - we're all running round, on-list and off-list, shouting
> "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE".

Hi Richard,
  First - yes, I agree with your overall point. On the licence change
thing, I'm not sure if you're aware, but there's been very little
(zero?) discussion of the rebuild activities on the talk@ mailing
list, or even legal-talk@. Presumably osmf-talk@ is another story. The
first I heard about it was on the maps-l Wikipedia mailing list, of
all places. Even osmfoundation.org makes virtually no reference to
what is happening, besides the oblique references to "contact and
remap" and the unlinked (or at least unfindable) "rebuild plan".

So, yes, well done to the people such as yourself, Frederik and others
I don't know, who are doing a lot of technical work behind the scenes
to make the switch to unencumbered data a reality. Hopefully you may
find these observations helpful in understanding the reactions of the
broader community. (Translation: We have no idea what's going on.)

Against: This isn't a complaint, just an observation.

Steve