Hi Emanuela,
Thank you for your interest in applying for GSoC with Openstreetmap.   This
list will be fine to ask questions - the person who proposed the project
idea should reply here.

Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

- It is important to understand the fundamentals of what OSM is, so if you
have not done so before, please start by creating an account and making
some improvements to the map in your local area.

- It would also be good to look at the OSM data structure.  Details of the
xml file format can be found on our wiki.  Not directly relevant to the
particular project idea that you are thinking of, but we are asking all
applicants to show an understanding of the basics of how OSM works this
year, irrespective of their particular project proposal, as you will see on
our application template.

- I think the project idea is about developing a plugin for the JOSM
editor?  If so it would be good to have a look at that and learn to use it,
then have a look at the code and some example plugins to see how they work
- you should find lots of information on the OSM wiki.

Hope that helps.   Please feel free to ask more questions as you develop
your proposal.

I would ask the person who proposed the idea to reply here with a bit more
information please, as this is not something I know anything about!

Regards

Graham

--
Graham Jones