Pryanka,
If you have not heard from the author of cyclestreets, it would be worth
looking at other OSM routers which are open source.  Search our wiki for
routers or routing.  You should find things like gosmore and osrm.
You coold experiment with them to see how they do with cycling or walking
routing.   There was a gsoc project a couple of years ago to calculate the
'hilliness' of routes - you could look at including that into the routing
algorithm too?   You will have to remember that some people will want to go
over hills and others avoid them.
The surface of tracks could also be a good parameter for cycle routing if
existing routers so not use this.

Just a few thoughts so you can work up a gsoc proposal if cyclestreets does
not get back to you,  or if you would prefer to work on a different route
calculator.

Graham

from my phone